Custom Building Design
Regardless of whether you are looking for a steel building solution for your rural, residential or commercial property, we can help you out. Our industry-leading building design system allows our specialists to custom design each and every shed, garage, barn, stable, workshop or farm building to your particular needs and site design criteria.
Custom Design Capabilities
Our team of experts have the knowledge and expertise to design specialised and more complex building structures, stepping outside the realm of our standard range. All of our custom designs come with fully engineered and comprehensive plans. Redefine what you think is possible with cold-form steel and contact us today for a quote on your project.
Some of the key features of our custom building designs include:
- No pre-manufactured steel building kits
- Heights up to 12 metres (design criteria dependent)
- Clear spans up to 30 metres on our cold-formed portal frames
- Possible lengths are almost limitless on our portal frames (beyond 200 metres if required)
- Dimensions can be adjusted in 100mm increments
- Uneven bay widths
- Capacity for cyclone rating, snow loading and earthquake loading
- All portal frame sheds are fully bolted and tek screwed
- Portal frame, purlins and sheeting supplied by BlueScope Steel
- All components manufactured from 450MPa steel or greater
Manufacture & Delivery Times
As every building is designed from scratch, we don't actually start manufacturing until you have decided on the design you want and have purchased the kit. The manufacture time then varies depending on the type of building, your location, and the time of year.
Portal framed sheds and garages generally take around 6 weeks to produce, whereas homes can be 8 to 10 weeks. The level of demand at our manufacturing plants may also impact lead-times. For example, in the lead up to Christmas things can get really busy and times can push out, so make sure you act quickly if the end of the calendar year is approaching.
The location of your site will influence the delivery time also. If your site is close to one of our manufacturing plants delivery will be quicker than those in remote areas. For more information on delivery, visit this page.