Wide Span Sheds guarantees its customers, subject to the following terms, that their steel kit building will be supplied in full and undamaged. No Ifs, No Buts, No Maybes. A number of in-depth cross-checking procedures have been implemented throughout the supply chain to ensure customers received this result first time.
It is imperative that you be present at the time of delivery to check off the steel structure kit with the delivery driver. If either yourself or your authorised representative are not present during the delivery or collection for any reason, then you are deemed to have accepted the steel building kit and all of its fittings as being in good condition. In this instance, some of your rights under this Supply Guarantee will be lost.
In the circumstance where you are not present, the delivery driver's comments in his notes will be final.
At the time of delivery, the delivery driver will, wherever possible, verify with you what has been delivered by:
- performing with you an inventory of delivered items against the delivery manifest
- taking photos of all packages and larger items comprising the steel building kit as delivered
- taking photos of the labelling on all packages
If during the unpacking of the building materials, you realise that an item:
- has not been supplied; or
- was included on your Bill of Materials but is not included on the driver’s delivery manifest; or
- has been damaged prior to delivery, then we will arrange for the missing or damaged item to be replaced or repaired at the first available opportunity.
The time-frame in which you are given to claim under our Guarantee, with the exception of doors, is 90 days from the date of delivery. To protect your rights under our Guarantee, you must check the contents and condition of your building kit packages within the 90 days. This Guarantee is not extended to cover any building works, or to items not listed in the Bill of Material.
Exclusion in Relation to Doors
In regard to roller doors and personal access doors, our Guarantee is limited to the specific time of delivery or collection. Roller Doors are to be checked on site at time of delivery, or at time of collection to ensure that there is no damage. The roller door including the drum wheel, or the sharft, or the curtain must be checked, as can be seen without unrolling the door. In some circumstances it may be required that you remove the protective steel wrapping around the door to confirm the condition on the door(s).
As per roller doors, personal access doors must also similarly be checked at time of delivery or collection to ensure the condition of the door(s).
If you believe a door may be damaged, then you must reject the door during the delivery process. Alternatively to this, the driver must specifically note the damage on the delivery manifest.
This Guarantee does not cover:
- vandalism or other act of a stranger;
- damage caused subsequent to the delivery to you or collection of your building kit;
- damage caused by “Act of God”;
- damage caused by inadequate storage of the building kit packages.
At our discretion we shall retain the right to repair or rectify any damaged parts, or pay to have the damage repaired by you at a particular fixed dollar cost as listed on this website. Compensation at these rates may also be considered.